|Home - Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in Monroe SPCA’s Volunteer Program!
One of the most important and rewarding ways you can help animals is by becoming a volunteer for Monroe SPCA. Monroe SPCA’s volunteers are not only a valuable community resource for animals and people; they are one of our organization’s most important assets.
Becoming a Monroe SPCA volunteer is easy. We are always looking for dedicated individuals who want to support our efforts on behalf of animals by sharing their time and talents. Monroe SPCA believes that by working together we can make a meaningful difference and finally bring about much-needed positive changes for animals - animals who right now are waiting for our help.
Get involved and make a difference for animals by becoming a volunteer for Monroe SPCA today.
We offer training and a variety of opportunities which match individual interests with organizational needs. To view and learn more about the volunteer opportunities currently available with Monroe SPCA click here.
Please review the following policies and guidelines for prospective volunteers:
- Volunteers will be required to attend a volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age and show competency and/or complete training before handling any animals.
- Volunteers 16-17 years of age may volunteer on their own for some activities.
- Volunteers under 16 years of age may volunteer working directly with a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians of volunteers under 16 years of age will be required to complete a volunteer application and attend orientation.
- Volunteers who provide transport for animals must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and liability insurance.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will not be able to have interaction with animals while working in a volunteer position at this time. Parents must work with animals individually and cannot have a child accompany them.
If you would like to join our team and begin working for animals, please complete and submit your Volunteer Application to start the process of becoming a volunteer for Monroe SPCA.
An online volunteer application is coming soon.
ATTN: Foster Coordinator
P.O. Box 607
Monroe, MI 48161
For more information about our Volunteer Program and currently available opportunities, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.